School History

OUR HISTORY

Since opening its doors in the fall of 1992 with a preschool program, St. William of York Catholic School has grown each year and currently educates students through eighth grade. crucifixOur founding pastor, Father Gerald Weymes and founding principal, Claire Dougherty supervised the school program to its goal with the graduation of the first eighth grade class in June 2001. Parish Administrator Father Michael R. Duesterhaus was responsible for the construction of additional classrooms, science lab, gymnasium, and office suites. In February 2002, St. William of York Catholic School was accredited by the Virginia Catholic Education Association.  Father Robert J. DeMartino has been the Pastor since 2008 and Mr. Frank Nicely is in his fifth year as principal.

 The First English Roman Catholic Settlement in Virginia, established in 1650 is within walking distance of St. William of York Catholic School. The crucifix was erected in 1930.

St. William of York Catholic School

3130 Jefferson Davis Highway, Stafford, VA 22554

Phone: 540-659-5207

Fax: 540-659-9863

Academic Excellence ♦ Personalized Attention ♦ Authentic Catholic Culture